Project Apex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, readers, dreamers and weavers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Songs that move

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Montag
Admin
Montag

Songs that move Empty
PostSubject: Songs that move   Songs that move EmptyTue May 20, 2008 12:33 pm

Yes, songs that move a storyline. I've discovered music can help induce just about any mood for fiction writing. I'd like to thank some of the artists for their contribution to my recent work:

The Mars Volta, for their songs Televators and The Widow. Televators largely got me through a very crucial scene of loss and jading. The very somber mood was very compelling. And The Widow helped mainly in allowing me to reflect on what I wanted my character to become (as he is recently, in fact, a widow).

To Radiohead for Creep, The Pixies for Where is My Mind, and to Fort Minor for Where'd You Go. All these songs helped to maintain the mood of the story. Also, Destroyer by David Gray (one of my all-time favorite artists and a huge huge influence on my own compositions). There are more, I'm certain of it. I'll have to make a personal note to put together at least 10 songs for a soundtrack.

So, what's your soundtrack for writing? I'm curious to know. Could be a recent work, certain songs you use over and over etc. What's cookin' through those speaker cones?
Back to top Go down
https://apex.darkbb.com

Songs that move
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Apex :: Writer's Hub :: H&B Pub-
Jump to: