Project Apex
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for writers, readers, dreamers and weavers.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Advertising

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Talkatoast

Talkatoast

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Advertising   Advertising EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 5:07 pm

This site has a lot of potential, but it's been slow to pick up new members. I find it problematic because my prologue has been on here for over a week, with fourteen views--four were probably from me--but no replies. Montag said he'd give me feedback, but obvious he's busy.

All I've got to say is that we need to start spreading the word--without breaking rules that is. I have this site advertised on my Yahoo profile, but I really can't think of anywhere else to advertise it.

Any advertisement suggestions would be appreciated. By the way, is it against any writing forum rules to post another writing forum site? I have a bunch of accounts on other writing forums, but I don't know if it would be against any of their rules.
Back to top Go down
http://skyejules.blogspot.com/
Montag
Admin
Montag

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 11:26 pm

It isn't against rules here to post other writing sites. I don't know about other boards' rules. As for advertising, I'm off college for the summer and the campus is too far away to get to w/ gas and all, but when classes start again I'll get some flyers going and that should be a boost. I know what you mean, it is slow going getting members. Trust me, I've been dealing with this frustration since forming the board.

I also put the site at the bottom of all my answers on yahoo!answers. It occassionally attracts a passerby, but not all join. I know there is the potential for growth but I need help getting the name out there.

Also, a website (not just a forum) with JAVA type manuscript editing options could be in the works, but the specifics of that are still very hush hush because it's only been speculated on. But I think that might attract more users as well than a forum might.

Thanks for doing your part, my brother has advertised a bit for us on his own forum and other than constantly plugging it I don't know what else to do.

P.S. I promise to get to your story this weekend! Sorry, I had to work the fourth for the newspaper. It really sucked. And I work tomorrow, but not all day and I do want to spend some down time here with my homies. Expect a response soon.
Back to top Go down
https://apex.darkbb.com
Paper Rabbit

Paper Rabbit

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 1:07 am

Websites such as Craigslist would be a way to advertise. Plugging the website at the bottom of YA answers is a great idea as well. I don't agree with posting it on other writer's forums as we would not like it if an outsider came and plugged their forum in here.

The forum is small, yes, but I think we are looking for quality over quantity as we have with other forums Montag has started. We do not want to have a large member count if no one participates.

I think that printing out flyers to get the word out locally would be a great idea. We (me and Montag) thought of that and I think this coming fall we should get more serious about it.

Anyway, talkatoast, welcome to the forum and so sorry I have not gotten to your posts yet. My husband (Montag) and I are busy, but we appreciate your contributions to the forum and look forward to seeing more from you. I will give your work a look as soon as I can, promise Smile

PR
Back to top Go down
Montag
Admin
Montag

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 5:56 pm

The quality of discussion is important, PR is right. That's why targeting college age writers is what we came up with, though younger and beginning writers can join as well. I think flyers are a good idea, maybe I can work one up either in PDF or jpeg or something and anyone can print it and post it around town or wherever. What do you guys think? I could work one up with general info and then you can print as many and do with them what you will. I'll get on it ASAP.

P.S. sorry to leave you out on the flier mention earlier Smile.

And yes, we both thank you for being active and excited about the forum. We want everyone to feel at home here and to post often.

management
Back to top Go down
Montag
Admin
Montag

Advertising Empty
PostSubject: Re: Advertising   Advertising EmptySat Jul 05, 2008 6:00 pm

My husband Montag, lol. You should change your SN to Mildred Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content